Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Rosary for the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary

Inspired by Ruth's Cupcake Rosary over at Catholic Cuisine, we decided that we would make on for today's beautiful feast.

I decided to use marshmallows for the Ave beads and I COULDN'T believe it, when I counted up all the white marshmallows in this pack to discover there were exactly....53....really!

The Tim Tam's were going to be used to make the crucifix.



My dearest friend gave me this lovely heart-shaped pan in June and finally I get to use them for the feast of the Holy Rosary.



I used 1/3 of a recipe of a simple cup cake recipe and these cooked up perfectly! Not too thick, just right. We made up the icing, colouring it blue.



Below is our iced heart-shaped Pater beads. I iced on each one some words:

"Pray Rosary" "We love Mary" "We love Jesus"

"Ladder to Heaven" "Roses for Mary" "Blessed Chain"

Before enjoying this edible rosary we sang together, O Queen of the Holy Rosary.

Our sorting center is our mini altar that we like to use for special feast days, usually it is St Anne's home, but today on the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary I draped some rosary fabric over the picture above the sorting center and it cascaded down over the top where I sat a lovely little statue of Our Lady, some flowers and rosary beads..it is our lovely visual reminder for today.





8 comments:

Carole in Wales said...

Anne, you have inspired me! I have a hugh bag of marshmellows and a heart-shaped pan. Perhaps a Rosary in the making for us as well. Thank you for sharing your idea.

Renee said...

Oh wonderful! This is a lovely edible rosary, thanks for sharing. How fun this would be to create and yet how profound to view it in your first photo. At first I thought it was a rosary you made (wink) and then reality took over. :) Thanks for sharing. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

one word Anne .. Yum ! lol those cupcakes are so beautiful ! I cannot imagine actually writing on a tiny cupcake ;-)
Anne your altar looks so beautiful as well . It is very very heavenly kept simple like that . The material is perfect .

Julia said...

That is really cute!

Kelly said...

Lovely! Thank you for sharing your fantastic ideas with us to do with our own families.

May God bless you!

Ruth said...

What a beautful rosary, Anne :-) I love the heart shaped cakes.

Neli said...

Your blog is Beautiful. Your ideas are wonderful and filled with faith. This rosary is really a surprise; the sweet marshmallows for the Ave Maria beads. I love to pray the the rosary and now I can taste the sweetness of it (I like marshmallows). Thank you for sharing.

noreen said...

I just saw this today Anne and it's beautiful!! And so fun for the kids!!